Tuesday 8 February 2011

Its that time of the month

A man is when a boy becomes mature but still knows how to have fun, faces the inevitable responsibilities of life with a mature outlook and accepts the consequences of his actions. He has respect for the opposite sex and aspires to be a positive role model for younger ones that look up to him. To me, this is when a boy becomes a man.
I just took that off my Sister's blog and It got me thinking am I a Man or a Boy. To be fair I've been thinking about this for awhile and have been planning to blog about it too. There has been some hesitation in writing this blog as I rarely enjoy talking about these things.
As we are all aware we are in February now. Second month of the new year. Christmas is the thing of the past and New year's resolutions are all but forgotten. With this month comes the smell of Valentines day.The 14th of February. Yep its that time of the month. Ann summers and Victoria secrets profits explode, Cards, balloons and teddy bears galore, Flowers and wine bottles are in abundance and a noticeable increase in child births in October (you do the maths). Me personally I thought this day was a gassed up day that had been overly commercialized and a total waste of money. This does not mean I didn't fall for the hype a couple of times. Yes I will admit I have brought  roses and a bottle of wine for that supposedly special girl, did the meals, Clinton card, lit the candles and pumped out the slow jams. Looking back just provides me with more cringe moments. Ergh just thinking about it now...ahhhh o well we live and we learn. So I did get sucked into the hype but I would say I always knew it was pure fakeness.I mean how many people actually know the story behind valentines day?.
I remember being on my uni radio a few years back playing those baby-making 'slow jams'. I has one girl ask me live on radio what I would be doing that day for Valentines. I believe I said 'To me every day is valentines day today is just a normal day' (Cringe) she then asked if I had a valentines date and I responded 'every girl is special to me...' There was more but I can't even type the rest cause it got really pathetic. What is worrying is that, that type of talk really worked on girls. I'm not proud of it but I was a sweet boy. My boys used to slaughter me for it. If sweet talking was a crime, I would be the worst offender. The most wanted. Caught and sentence to jail for three life times. Thinking about it now, It was a very stupid thing to do. Telling a girl everything she wants to hear, playing with her emotions and just flat out misleading them was insanely stupid. The saying hell has no fury like a woman's scorned is the understatement of the century. The backlash I got ...Lets just say I paid the price for my shenanigans and then some. Destroy a girls heart and I grantee you will end up worse off. Play with fire and you will get burnt. FACT!
Why did I do it?. It was easy for me. OK I do have an introvert personality and tend to be quiet in most surroundings but when it came to girls it was different. Some how girls to me where so easy to talk to. Once I saw a girl look twice, I would go in. Talking to girls I deemed attractive was never a problem for me. I played the shy boy, the bad boy, the good boy, the virgin boy but never the honest one. I thought I was smart as well, I never went about promoting my "conquests" like the other boys I used to hang around with did. Sure there was the boys locker room talk I would get into but I never told them the girls I got actually got with. I noticed early on that boys spread information just as well as girls. So I was overly private about my doings and I never really had a bad reputation or looked at as one of the local players.I was far from innocent. A while back me and my brother were jokingly slewing each other about girls and he was just saying names after names of girls he associated with me. Some where true and some weren't but it got me thinking how many? How many girls had I had? The horrifying truth is that I don't know. I stopped counting after a while. When your getting three different girls coming to your house during the day...its just wrong and there was problem. The alarm bells started  ringing when I got to the point where I was just tired of sex and competitions on who could bed the most girls in the year. I shameful admit I did all those things. Please believe this posting is not about me boasting or bragging about the stuff I did if anything its the total opposite. It is an admittance and a confession. I messed up but that was when I was a boy. Now that I'm a man. Everything wrote at the beginning of the post is the type of man I want to be.Only God can help me. So today I take this Vow



I, (Gabriel), take you (Celibacy), to be my (way of life), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until my wife makes  us part



Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
the old me was a boy the new me is a man. 
I bet you didnt think you would be reading this today. LOL 
Over and out!

1 comment: